Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Blue Man Post 6

Total number of words = 4669

“That’s the only thing that’s mine.” Cyndia looked up from True Crime: Serial Killers. “This is Mrs. Baton’s house, bedroom, and decorations. She’s paid by the government to look after me since my parents are dead. She’s the fourth person to have the job, and probably won’t be the last. So if I run across something I like and it can’t fit into that trunk, I don’t need to own it.” She stared back down at the book again. There was no answer from Murdock. “Sorry, you didn’t want to hear about all that. Let’s concentrate on the case.”

“We need to see the current crime scene, the one where you were injured.”

“I had a feeling you’d say that. Do you want me to take you there?”

“Not necessary, we can program the coordinates into the robot.”

She stood at the window and pointed to the still lit Johnson house. “I need to go take care of my face.”

No comments: