Sunday, March 02, 2008

BMFM: Evil Jack: For Worse 20


Progress Bar from Writertopia

Okay, I decided not to wait. Now normally, I agree with taking a breather to get your mind off the story to see errors clearer. But then I looked at my date notes:
  • Started writing = July 18, 2007
  • Finished writing = February 22, 2008
  • Started typing = September 9, 2007
  • Finished typing = March 1, 2008
  • Started editing = March 2, 2008
And this isn’t counting when I blasted out the plot summaries for the Evil Jack series to Mama Morning because I don’t remember when we did that and I don’t want to look it up.

It’s time to edit.

Since I’m going to be using Novelist’s Boot Camp by Todd A. Stone for Strix and possibly Zy’s Novel, I decided to follow his revision plans. Step One: cull scenes with the Master Story Summary. Decide if the scene should be cut, reworked, or improved.

I don’t have a Master Story Summary, so that’s what I started working on today. I doubt any scenes end up in the cut category because the novella hangs pretty tight via scenes. But I only got through half of it before my thirty minutes were up. I have too much to get through today to spend a couple of hours on it. *Pout.*

No comments: