Friday, September 14, 2012

Bat/Cat Thoughts pertaining to my fanfics

The Dark Knight Rises hit the muse HARD. That's the only explanation for it. The following links are other people's thoughts that made me go "ooooh!"

Martha Wayne's Pearls in the Nolanverse -- I didn't even have this in mind when I wrote Partners, but damn, it fits perfectly with what I went with.

Christian Bale's quote about Catwoman in the movie and Bruce's attraction to her.

So what do you think Selina meant when she said come away with me? To add to The Bat and the Cat Tumblr's answer, Bane already hurt Bruce once to the point where she thought he was dead. She couldn't see that happen again, which tumbled into she couldn't let it happen again and she turned the Batpod around.

More on the symbolism of the pearls

Bruce and Selina are courting in TDKR Yes, and they will end up together because Talia is DEAD! *Triumphant laughter* Oops, that was my outside voice again.

Maybe Christian Bale should write Catwoman.

Talk about the costumes

Selina came back for Bruce Of course she did and then the bastard goes and blows himself up.

You could have gone anywhere scene, Batman stops to deal with Selina's vulnerability I don't like my Batman suicidal, but a person I was discussing the movie with had the thought that it was Selina and her kiss that made him turn on the autopilot and give life a chance. If that theory is true, this is where the boot met his bat cowl.

Bruce's half of the romantic journey My only quibble is Bruce's bit to Miranda in the dungeon. I didn't read the line as romantic, Bruce was there to rescue Fox and resurrect Batman. He owed Miranda an explanation and she deserved rescue too, so he was promising to get her out in the language all good guys in a cape use.

Alfred and the letter and eight long years My first thought back to the Dark Knight is Rachel should have NEVER put Alfred in the middle of it. Second thought, I had to write a reconciliation fic between Alfred and Bruce, in which Alfred confesses to Selina he should have told Bruce the truth before Bruce jumped back into Batman.

There's the end of the pile. I hope I don't make another one.

No comments: