Saturday, January 08, 2011

Stellar Gift of Death Post 64

Stellar Gift of Death

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 604
Chapter Thirteen total words: 3770
Total words for the first draft: 53,584
What I hate about my writing: When playing catch up doesn’t work.
The Good: I got a lot done today, despite getting distracted by the what to do for Triangulation entry question. I have a pretty good idea what the next complication will be, and just got an added idea of Xeryl and Mealte surprising Zy by not letting her fight. Shouldn’t be a surprise to any readers, she’s still injured even though she has trouble remembering that. And she may not know how to classify either one of them in the context of her life, they don’t have the same issue. *Smirk* The aliens have a better grasp of relationships than the human protagonist.
The Bad: Repeat after me: “Playing catch-up on everything for the weekend does not work. Playing catch-up on everything for the weekend does not work.” I plan on making headway into the word count and get distracted by chores which are equally piled up. Then I get frustrated with lack of progress for everything and play with the computer for a couple of hours. Worse, it looks like next week will turn out the exact same way unless I pull myself back on the tracks I laid out.
Fave line:
“One sneaking in is better than three. And they haven’t seen Mealte, so even if they do spot him with the cameras.”

“They will not, Mistress,” Mealte interrupted.

“But if they somehow manage to, they won’t connect you with me like they would him.”
What I'm looking forward to: The next complication and the Triangulation entry story.
What I'm not looking forward to: Figuring out how to get back on track with my To Do List.

No comments: