Thursday, January 20, 2011

Triangulation Entry Post 3

Untitled

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 130
Total words for the first draft: 423
What I hate about my writing: Right now, it feels like too much work.
The Good: It just occurred to me how much Cobaine’s death affected Mealte. Not out of any love for his master, but rather how it dooms his family. Growing up in a hurry doesn’t even begin to cover it.
The Bad: I got my morning writing session in with waking up on time. I thought I would add to the total during the paying job. Then the paying job had one of those days that went kaboom in the face.


I managed to pull my brains together enough to finish the paying job stuff, but 370 more words were out of reach.
Fave line: Mealte’s talons lightly scratched the table leaving the surface unmarked.
What I'm looking forward to: Right now, letting the characters chatter.
What I'm not looking forward to: Am I leaving out important details? I want them to come into the story naturally, but am I also forgetting what the reader needs because I know it already?

No comments: