Monday, October 10, 2005

Strix Post 4

Total word count = 570
This post's progress = 181 words


“It’s been legally changed.”

“And you say the same thing every time, Wynn. Not very creative.” Roger rested his elbow on the table. “Why were you there?”

“I thought they already took my statement.” Peggy wadded up the wipe and left it on the table. “Right before they said they had to take my fingerprints.”
“This is Matt asking, not the detective. But if Ardenwood was your sugar daddy, I’m going to say eww a lot.”

Peggy sighed. “I had a job appointment for ghost writing Ardenwood’s memoires.”

“What about your job at the newspaper?”

“Dad got me fired after I covered the Ver Hagan benefit. I degraced him by not crawling back to the house he threw me out of, or something stupid like that.”

Roger tapped his finger against his cheek. “And now you’ve seen a murderer and he’s seen you.”

“I don’t know why he didn’t kill me too. I’m sure your cop buddies are wondering too.” Why did that last part come out so bitter?

“I’m not here for them. I know how you feel about criminals.”

No comments: