Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Zy's Novel Post 17

Novel total = 19,129 words
Post total = 248 words


The Personal Journal of IGA Agent Zy

15.8.1010/7 July 1997

Murdock says I need something to relieve stress, something removed from the self-defense training. I think he's just tired of listening to me practice 'cause he recommended painting.

I haven't played with colors since grade school, but he bought me a complete art set at the last station. Chalk, pastels, oils, charcoals, watercolors, brushes, easel, and a dozen different sized canvases. I don't think anyone has ever spent that much money on me.

I suppose that means I'm going to have to use them so not to hurt his feelings. But I'm not taking lessons.




Chapter Six

Zy took a deep breath and faced herself in the mirror. Grey smudges circled under her brown eyes from her too long nose. She was tired and hadn’t been taking good care of herself. “That’s why I’m so short tempered right now,” she muttered and turned her attention to her clothes. Dressing gave her more time to reflect. D’pa would be a hostile witness, and she had to go through him to get to anyone else in the organization that might know something.

And she needed to get a list of employees. That meant playing nice with Xeryl. She laced up her ankle boots with a grimace. She would have to suck it up and apologize even though he started it.

No comments: