Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Faulkner Paper Progress 12

I know, I know. I thought it was over too. But my professor found typos. And two paragraphs needing rewording. I was more hair pulling out of the Mac speak issue happening again when the deadline is looming ever closer! 2pm tomorrow! I'd rather send it back today before I leave for the commute and check and make sure it got there after I get home.

Luckily, he found a secretary who could convert the edited document into something I can read. So now to make changes.

Oct. 15th: I've never been trained to cite in a style other than MLA format, so I use it as my basis when citing sources in the blog and tutorial posts. But I tweak it to usually list the author and title at all times, no matter what I wrote in the text. A lot of times I'm juggling two or more books by the same person, so it saves time.

Well, MLA says you don't have to do that, just the page numbers are fine, if you've referenced the author or the title in the text. But what counts as the reference? All the examples in the MLA Handbook are a sentence long, and they don't say if further up the paragraph is acceptable or not. Even though I feel it is clear from the text and character references which book is being quoted, I put the titles in all the parenthetical citation notes.

And have sent it away. Again. I added to this note, because at this point, why jinx my luck with a 13th entry?

Oct 15th 2:22 update: My professor gave the paper his stamp of approval and now it's on it's way to get graded. And I have no clue how long that process takes. But it is essentially out of my hands now so...

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!

Good job, girl. Proud of you. :P