Friday, October 09, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Notes 08

So while waiting for draft feedback on the Faulkner paper, I turned on the graphics program and finished all of DG's paintings that I can actually do with my limited Paintshop skills and source material.



Redone Hilltop painting. It's still not perfectly painted picture look; none of them have that. But I just now remembered there is a canvas texture I can apply and haven't seen how that looks yet.



Redone Cain's favorite out of all of them. I think the healed tree shows up much better now.



Still my favorite because it is the only one out of the group of what DG is really feeling paintings that I am able to do. I really want to do the ball from hell painting, but lack of source material. Grrrrr.



The farmhouse required no redoing, but I'll be trying out the canvas texture on it too.



The first of the new stuff. I really wanted the campfire with all four of them, but either Cain wasn't in the shot or he was and Glitch or the fire weren't, or Cain was in with his gun out. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may splice in one of his bringing back the firewood into this still frame.



The Brick Route. DG's first set of paintings captured images of Kansas she wanted to show people and was a little homesick for. Her second set was images of the adventure because all her friends were gone and she was trapped in fragile doll mode of the Palace. Her third set was DG hanging onto sanity via paint and canvas. This one is in the second set.



Another second set painting of the Crack Across the O.Z. I spliced together two screen captures to show it bottom from top. I'm impressed they managed to build a bridge across it.



And a third set painting that would have been a hell of a lot easier to do if the miniseries had one shot with both of DG's hands while she was lying inside the sarcophagus! But I am happy with how the green glow came out.

I still have a couple image projects to work on when Faulkner editing drains my brain. Along with experimenting with canvas texture, I think I figured out how to illustrate the scene in the Grey Gale out of Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas and I have a technique I want to use on Rachel Covey's picture to Viewer-ize it.

No comments: