Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Triangulation Entry Post 10

Untitled

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 511
Total words for the first draft: 2896 – 253 = 2643
What I hate about my writing: I have jumpy focus today. I’m trying to work with it.
The Good: 511 words typed! And I am visualizing the story ending. Now I just need to visualize the transition I still need. And a title. :p
The Bad: Oops, let me fix that in the spreadsheet notes. I thought I had added some handwritten notes. I did write in long-hand but not on this story, and blog posts I have yet to make don’t count as fiction words either.
Fave line: “You never bothered to examine anything concerning betah, despite wanting to align yourself with one. Another example of weak judgment.” His jaw snapped together twice. “Count yourself lucky that I am prepared to care for your interests, Irida, since no one else is capable of that.”
What I'm looking forward to: Wrapping up. I’m close enough to see it now. Then it just a matter of cleaning up the details.
What I'm not looking forward to: Language creation. Oh snap, I moved outside again. That means world building and my experience with that has been “ARGH! I don’t know what I’m doing and I’m going to fuck it up and astrophysics hobbyists are going to laugh at me!” I hate that feeling and accomplish some insane mental acrobats to stay away from it. To the point, where it’s easier to roll the dice and create a planet and its solar system. :p

However, I would prefer that it be scientifically plausible. The problem is had with AstroSynthesis v2.0 is that it wouldn’t auto-correct my variables. I’d tweak the planet only to find out I moved it out of the Goldilocks zone (but I wouldn't discover this until I tried to map the planet and all the water turned to ice). If anyone knows of a planet/solar system generator that will double-check stuff, please let me know.

No comments: