Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Triangulation Entry Post 4

Untitled

Progress Bar from Writertopia

11 days of letting my brain percolate and giving into distractions PLUS 2 days of gritting teeth and concentrated note taking in longhand to find the oomph again MINUS a 15 minutes whine into the notebook about how much I suck because there is no oomph and I can’t find the oomph EQUALS why Sol Stein’s advice about giving characters different scripts finally popped into my head where I can use it.

Stepping back once I had that brain wave, I see why my narrative went wonky. So far all that was happening was waiting around for something to react to. Not exactly riveting material and even I got fed up. So now I’ve given Mealte and Irida two different scripts and they will be in minor conflict when the action starts. *Crossing fingers* I’ll see tomorrow how it works out. I got an ice/sleet/maybe snow/Winter Storm day off!

No comments: