Thursday, February 17, 2011

Triangulation Entry Post 9

Untitled

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 266
Total words for the first draft: 2385 – 253 =2132
What I hate about my writing: Why is it so hard to wake up on time and do it!
The Good: Moving to handwritten first draft is getting the story out of my head and onto paper where I can do something with it.
The Bad: I’m not getting the full 500 words typed daily like I want to.
Fave line: “I am not a matriarch, Cobaine, so I can’t have an honor guard.”
What I'm looking forward to: Tweaking the details of Mealte’s belongings. I thought I had added a major editing job to Stellar Gift of Death because I had established Mealte using a knife in it, but realized just how dangerous talons are in the fight scene in this short story. Then I had a brain wave about the knife. It’s a background detail, but it also means I don’t have to erase every mention of it.
What I'm not looking forward to: Language creation. *headdesk*

No comments: