Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Stellar Gift of Death Post 170

Stellar Gift of Death 2011 Revision

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 265
Chapter Nineteen total words: 2160
Total words for the new draft: 82,668
What I hate: Not being able to sleep straight through the night.
The Good: Words in a coherent order!
The Bad: I hand wrote a little during my vacation, but that was expected. I got back to the paying job February 28th to a March 1st deadline for the Tax and Company Licensing divisions. February 29th, still rushed and I woke up with a stuffed up nose and got nothing written around all my appointments. That night I kept waking up every hour sweaty, but achy and chilled and burrowing under all my blankets. March 1st, I dragged my ass to the paying job still feeling achy and chilled but we had a deadline. I bought a thermometer when I finally got off the paying job and turns out I was running a fever. I stayed home March 2nd and the fever finally broke that day. I spent the rest of the weekend recuperating. Today’s the first day I had any energy to focus on writing.
Fave line: “The Blob government has treaties out with all the systems that matter. If a Blob dies out of Blob territory, we non-Blobs leave it alone until a representative of the Blob government arrives. And that is not you.”
What I'm looking forward to: Breathing through my nose again and talking at my normal octave.
What I'm not looking forward to: Re-establishing my routine so I can make steady progress.

No comments: