Sunday, August 25, 2013

TDKR: One Rule Metrics Post 1

Part of the Night: The One Rule
July 21, 2013 – August 25, 2013


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: #
Prologue total: 708
Fave line: What gratitude? My hand still hurts from him knocking the gun out of it."
Chapter One total: 2303
Fave line: "I'm not sore about the Aventador. Really I'm not," he repeated to her disbelieving look. "But it was paid for."
Chapter Two total: 3364
Fave line: "I thought I recognized you," the cabbie said. "Didn't you sleep with the whole Russian ballet?"
Chapter Three total: 3698
Fave line: "It was part of a long con. Who knew art students actually had to go to classes?"
Chapter Four total: 2619
Fave line: "Don't make me knock you on your ass again. If I make one exception for you, word will get out, and the only job offers I'll get will be for rolls in the sheets instead of cash."
Chapter Five total: 2725
Fave line: "Those guys really need to pay him a house call," Selina muttered.
Total words for first draft: 15417
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Halfway through the longhand draft of Chapter Twelve.
What Else I Accomplished Today: For some bloody reason, my brain is not happy with just one project. I have tried for past few years to retrain it to work on one thing at a time, that doesn't work, and I end up feeling guilty over what I haven't gotten done. So reading Pretentious Title: Don't Stomp on My Cake by Rachel Aaron, and I'm drawing a line in the sand not to beat myself up over fanfiction. This year has had fairly shitty moments when my cake has not only been stomped on, but the mixing bowl has been yanked out of my hands before I could lick the spoon. My grandmother died and we spent a week waiting for the collective assholes I call the Extendeds to well show their nature while planning a funeral. The financial goal I had been working towards blew up in my face and I had to regroup. So I turn to fanfiction just for a little while until it blows over, and next thing I know, it's a month later.

Stress builds up in the body and does nasty things to your brain. The last thing I need to do is add to it. Not when my yearly word totals are so good, and I'm proud of where I stand composing.

Now I just need to finish one of these projects so I can exchange it for an editing job I've been avoiding.
What I'm looking forward to: The third scene of Chapter Twelve in which I bring back a character from the Dark Knight.
What I'm not looking forward to: Monday.

No comments: