Sunday, August 25, 2013

TDKR: Weapon of the Shadows Metrics 1

The Dark Knight Rises: Weapon of the Shadows
May 30, 2013 – August 25, 2013


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: #
Total words for first draft: 20,233
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Nothing, I had to work on Strix and the One Rule before I can write the next scene for this story. But I needed to get this metrics post of what I've been doing all summer.
Fave line: "If I knew then what I know now, I would have dragged you out of the tunnels by your cape."
What Else I Accomplished Today: For some bloody reason, my brain is not happy with just one project. I have tried for past few years to retrain it to work on one thing at a time, that doesn't work, and I end up feeling guilty over what I haven't gotten done. So reading Pretentious Title: Don't Stomp on My Cake by Rachel Aaron, and I'm drawing a line in the sand not to beat myself up over fanfiction. This year has had fairly shitty moments when my cake has not only been stomped on, but the mixing bowl has been yanked out of my hands before I could lick the spoon. My grandmother died and we spent a week waiting for the collective assholes I call the Extendeds to well show their nature while planning a funeral. The financial goal I had been working towards blew up in my face and I had to regroup. So I turn to fanfiction just for a little while until it blows over, and next thing I know, it's a month later.

Stress builds up in the body and does nasty things to your brain. The last thing I need to do is add to it. Not when my yearly word totals are so good, and I'm proud of where I stand composing.

Now I just need to finish one of these projects so I can exchange it for an editing job I've been avoiding.
What I'm looking forward to: Cassandra's birth father reappears in their lives.
What I'm not looking forward to: Monday

No comments: