Friday, August 15, 2008

Biker Mice From Mars: Evil Jack: For Worse 24


Progress Bar from Writertopia

Unofficial tally based on my paper edits that haven't been made to the file yet. But how is that for trimming? I think I have finally found a method that works, even if it's a rather math heavy method.

Take the word count. I usually just use the number Microsoft Word spits at me. Take ten percent of that amount, that's the tally of what needs to go away. Go through the manuscript and count the words cut and added with notations in the margin. Continue until minus ten percent has been reached.

It works easiest in sections. Though I have found that by using this method, when I add up all the trimmed sections, ten percent of the total wordage is gone.

I also found the spots to break the story up for FanFiction.Net teasing. So I finished my Big Rocks for this project this week.

No comments: