Monday, August 11, 2008

Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas 1

Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Perfect writing storm is the only way I can describe what happened to me with this story. I started writing it on June 4th and finished the first draft on July 17, 2008. I can't remember when I have last wrote a first draft that fast. And it wasn't a wimpy manuscript, 79,449 words.

I finished the second draft on August 3, 2008 and whittled the manuscript to 71,503 words. Started posting to FanFiction.net that day too. No point to waiting because most people at the Yahoo group are fans of my BMFM stuff and I'm working on changing how that's all announced anyway when I get to the website updates. It's a weird hangup, but I just assume people won't like my obsessions so I don't expose them.

The prefect writing storm drove all thoughts of doing metrics on the story out of my head. Thinking back on it, I have to wonder where I went. It was like automatic writing only I remember stopping to do research. I'm not complaining about it, just noting that it's odd.

So here's links to the comments I made over at Blank about Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas:

And to make up for the lapse of metrics on my part, here's the four theme songs for Tin Man: Dragons and Ninjas.

"Home" by Breaking Benjamin


"Suffer" by the Echoing Green


"I Turn to You" by Melanie C


"Save This Fairyland" by Angelzoom

No comments: