Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Forget the Sun Metrics 16


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 273
Chapter One total: 2111
Chapter Two total: 2525
Chapter Three total: 1801
Total words for the first draft: 6437
What I hate about my writing: Figuring out how to maintain progress over the weekend.
The Good: I actually got to work on this story.
The Bad: I've been giving into my procrastination tactics far too easily.
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: We got to the collected evidence.
Fave line: "The Ver Hagan family are vampires? So all the talk about the one-percent being parasites of society is literal truth."
What I'm looking forward to: Raven's introduction.
What I'm not looking forward to: Any more crazy out of today!

Interesting Author's note: I played with Feath's Tarot readings generator today.My thoughts on what came up in italics, and if I didn't leave a note, I'm still thinking it over.

  • What is Alexander's flaw? The Devil: Ravage, violence, vehemence, extraordinary efforts, force, fatality. o.O That is so on the money, but I'm not sure how to work it into the scene with him and Deats.
  • What is Ferris' flaw? The Hanged Man reversed: Selfishness. I can see that, especially since it would be selfishness caught up in a motivation lie that he's doing good.
  • What is Raven's flaw? The Emperor: Stability, power, protection, realization, a great person, aid, reason, conviction, authority.
  • What is Deats' flaw? The Tower: Misery, distress, indigence, adversity, calamity, disgrace, deception, ruin, unforeseen catastrophe.
  • What is Jane's flaw? Judgement reversed: Weakness, pusillanimity, simplicity, deliberation, decision, sentence.
  • What is David's flaw? Strength: Power, energy, action, courage, magnanimity; also complete success and honours.
  • What is Sally's flaw? The Moon reversed: Instability, inconstancy, silence, lesser degrees of deception and error. She's a teenager; it so fits.
  • What is Robert's flaw? Wheel of Fortune: Destiny, fortune, success, elevation, luck, felicity.
  • What is Peg's flaw? The Hanged Man reversed: Selfishness. Second time was the Hermit: Prudence, circumspection; also and especially treason, dissimulation, roguery, corruption.

No comments: