Wednesday, September 04, 2013

TDKR: One Rule Metrics 4


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 1127
Prologue total: 708
Chapter One total: 2303
Chapter Two total: 3364
Chapter Three total: 3698
Chapter Four total: 2619
Chapter Five total: 2725
Chapter Six total: 3613
Chapter Seven total: 1127
Total words for first draft: 20,157
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Finally finished longhand Chapter 13. It changed direction on me while I was in the middle of it, but the final result is better. Typing Chapter Seven, Bruce takes Miranda out on a date. This section I'm worried about because Miranda is supposed to be channeling Rachel and I'm not sure if it's coming across. Her hints to her true identity, those are fine.
Fave line: "I'll be sick of that phrase before this whole mess is cleaned up. I have enough money to take you out, if you're not too busy. And if we go to the Ocelot or Puccio's, they should remember I still own them."
What Else I Accomplished Today: My house looks like a talcum powder bottle exploded all over it. I spread dichotomous earth to deal with the stupid fleas so I wouldn't accidentally poison me or my cat. I expected something grainy, not flour-like consistency. And at the rate it got over everything, I'm glad it's non-toxic.
What I'm looking forward to: Reader howls over Chapter Seven.
What I'm not looking forward to: Dental appointment Saturday.

No comments: