Friday, March 01, 2013

Forget the Sun Metrics 05


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 16
Chapter One total: 2111
Chapter Two total: 731
Total words for the first draft: 2842
What I hate about my writing: Not even trying to meet my goals.
The Good: Oh hell, that I actually got some writing done.
The Bad: This story deserves more of attention than I have been giving it.
Fave line: The thick humid air slapped them in the face as they left the airport.
What I'm looking forward to: IF my finances go well and I don't run into major issues with car or house, I'm buying a laptop so I don't have to deal with second-hand smoke through my papers.
What I'm not looking forward to: Reacquainting my body with the butt-in-chair notion at 3:30 a.m.

February 25: I fully intended to type during my downtime at the paying job. Opening the file in Baton Rouge cannot trigger a phone call from Mom, unlike the week I took off for the funeral and assorted family stuff. I forgot the flash drive at home.

I also forgot the USB cord for the mp3 player. So I'm stuck with pen and paper—both I remembered to pack—but I on't remember the scene I was working on last time I got to write. Right now, I plan on jumping to the next scene and will pull the two together later.

Along with those good intentions, I planned on writing more than two paragraphs. Monday had the paying job slammed with mail. I barely got to go home on time. And since there was a deadline on Friday, downtime at the paying job evaporated for the whole week.

February 26: Didn't get anything done on the story.

February 27: I realized I needed to shift what I do at home to make more time for writing after working on the wrong project all day, which means not this one.

February 28: I tried out the new routine. Fifteen minutes on the rough draft before I got dressed, a tiny little bit of typing at the paying job (still no real downtime yet), and lost track of everything else since I had a chiropractic appointment.

March 1: Yeah, but no. Since the deadline was this day, no writing happened at the paying job. I didn't drag my ass out of bed on time, so no writing before leaving for work. And I worked overtime and got home late and my brain was dead. Maybe next week will be better.

No comments: