Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Triangulation Entry Post 14

Untitled

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 965
Total words for the first draft: 5061 – 253 = 4808
What I hate about my writing: DEADLINE PANIC!
The Good: Reached 965 words: The end of the story has been reached! Reached 509 words: I’m not giving into the deadline panic. In fact since the paying job has calmed down today, I’m going to power past 509 words and see what I end up with.
The Bad: Reached 965 words: I still have to bridge the gap between the beginning and the fight sections, and fill in the language, culture, description details. And keep it under 5000 words. Reached 509 words: Two days of stress on the paying job plus the looming deadline for this story equals I feel like shit today with not enough sleep and my back in knots.
Fave line: “I have words of parting and I will say them.”
What I'm looking forward to: Some quiet time to build languages. I thought it would be lunch today. I was so wrong about that.
What I'm not looking forward to: How that’s probably not going to happen this weekend.

No comments: