Sunday, March 27, 2011

Words of Parting Post 22

Words of Parting

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
Lost Words: 0
Added Words: 33
Total words for the first draft: 4969
What I hate about my writing: DEADLINE PANIC!
The Good: Finished filing in all the Atsejhkigom words, settled broad details about the planet so when I came back to it I won’t have to make all that up again, tweaked descriptions, and I stayed under 5000 words!

I also found a new helpful website: Astronomy by John D. Fix: Seasons Interactive. You get to see how the sun moves across the sky from a point in the Northern Hemisphere for any type of axial tilt you chose.
The Bad: Now I have to decide how I’m going to handle a brand-new language and spell checker. All I keep coming back to is this:
She right-clicked to check the online dictionary… And it confirmed that the spelling was wrong, but that was it. The dictionary was supposed to suggest the correct spelling based on the letters it had, but with two reporters in the household, one of whom was also a member of the Justice League, the Kent dictionary was customized with so many added words, proper names, foreign terms, alien terms, ultra-dimensional terms and jargon that Lois never trusted it. It might be giving her the proper spelling of convivial or it might be giving her the correct spelling for the marriage contract by which the queen of Junius 4’s third moon thought she was automatically betrothed to Clark’s first male offspring.

Chapter 6: Curtain Time in Cat Tales: Riddle Me-tropolis by Chris Dee

Yeah, I get twitchy about the oddest things at times, but let’s face it, between my original fiction and the fanfiction I write plus my consistent bad spelling, means I see more words underlined in red than not. I think I would like to have multiple custom dictionaries so when I type “dzahgom” in a Piper of Shadows story it is underlined, but not when I working on something in the Zy Universe.
What I'm looking forward to: Submission! I have 3 days before it’s due. I’d like to send it early and I still need to make sure the formatting is correct.
What I'm not looking forward to: Figuring out Microsoft Word tricks. :p

No comments: