Thursday, September 19, 2024

Strix: Forget the Sun September Metrics 19

METRICS Previous Word Count: 86,077
New Words: 339
Total words for the first draft: 86,416
2024 Metrics Words Total: 6741
2024 Cumulative Word Count: 10,812
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Let me describe the house. Uh no, I had more photos than this. Oh, I found them; not in Scrivener.
Fave line: “Don’t get too far ahead; safety in numbers.”
What Else I Accomplished Today: I got Salem onto the cat wheel and in motion! Now I had to use my hand as the lure, which isn’t a great long term goal, but he didn’t want to chase after the laser point when I switched to that. But hey! At least one of the voids has used it and learned it’s not so scary. I’m ignoring the question if he will remember it.
What I'm looking forward to: Trip to Lafayette. I’m hoping the home chores won’t take all day Friday and delay my departure time. They shouldn’t.
What I'm not looking forward to: Why does the shopping list mean at least four different stores? This is why people start ordering stuff to be delivered.

No comments: