Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 Project Post 02

It feels like I have been on Step 1: The Read Through forever and not getting very far. First, I found out I had a lot less printed out than I thought, so I had to print it all. Second, how do I divide it into chapters? I finally decided to go by dates.

*Snort* No wonder people told me to work on description. This was an exercise in hypertext storytelling using mostly dialogue. :p

I had only got to day three in my narrative with Merrilee’s version of the spreadsheet when I was introduced to Kerryn’s more detailed version of the spreadsheet based on scenes. When I changed Forget the Sun to a hypertext novel, each scene became a file, so it’s already broken up that way. So I switched.

Next drawback, I realized I couldn’t printout the spreadsheet at a size to fit my horrible handwriting into the grid. So I was taking my notes on paper and then typing them into the spreadsheet. I’m not revealing how long I did that before I realized I was double working myself and reorganized the office so I can read and type at the same time. Today was my first day testing it since I didn’t do anything writing related yesterday. It worked much better than moving the binder to the dining table or the living room sofa.

So my goal for next week is to not miss so many editing days and finish the read-through. It may spill into February, but not by too much, I hope.

No comments: