Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012 Project Post 07

This post has been a long time coming. Back on May 16th, I started transferring notes I have in separate files into the StrixWiki. I'm still working on the character matrix, but I hope to have it done by the end of the week.

I built Haganville and its surrounding areas in a trial version of Map Maker Pro. The program is easy to use, though I never fully grasped how to save projects and layers and lost everything I had done at one point. My other issue was with scale and how everything had to connect with its beginning gave me trouble when it came to roads. Roads in my experience are straight lines that eventually dead end.

So now that I have a glimpse of where areas are in relation to each other, I'll redraw the map in PaintShop where I'll have a better grasp of scale. I hope. I put "to scale" the Kiamoko layout's file name, but I can't remember the scale I used. :p

Usually, I don't worry so much about background before I write. But part of what has given me so much waffling with Stellar Gift of Death is undecided background details. So with Forget, I'm deciding on them before I start on the new narrative. And that can't hurt the non-existent description from the first version.

Next post I should have images of Haganville and the major locations to reveal. And have most of my wiki posts created.

No comments: