Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 88

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1521
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 112744
What I hate about my writing: Nothing!
The Good: The world is a lovely wonderful place when the words flow out and the only stress I have is the image file is a little too big for the graphics program to handle without freezing up.
The Bad: It just happens to be the start of the combined maps from Wicked, Son of a Witch, and A Lion Among Men. I think I’ve figured out how to attack the problem from another direction, but I’ll have to experiment more when I get home.
Fave Spencer line: “What’s a movie?”
Fave Cain line: “Entertainment on the Other Side like a play.”
Fave Kaliko line:“What is a play?”
Fave Malachite line: “When pirates clear out, they clear out.”
Fave DG line: “This world has two suns, three moons, flying monkey bats, living rocks, talking chickens, and lunch pails that grow on trees! Can you blame me for thinking the pirates are real pirates and not Disney pirates!”
Fave Betsy line: “There’s no secret handshake, Lord Wyatt. And we were all trying to blend in.”
Fave Sprite line: “Captain,” Sprite cried piteously. “Sing her the song, please!” – Actually, this bit was influenced by an incident with my baby sister when she was older than two. There are tourists with pictures of her hanging off a Universal Studios lamppost singing “I’m hungry” while I was trying in vain to get her off of it. Right outside the King Kong ride if you want to check.
Fave Treasure line: “Pirate song, pirate song, pirate song.”
Fave Dani line: “Nothing that I know of. But you two forgot to get any wedding presents for the wedding we’re all pretending to have gone to.” She clucked, “And your vows were so touching too.”
Fave Jenkins line: “You didn’t figure it out? I thought we’d given ourselves away a hundred times. Your husband figured it out.”
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Jeb again, finding Komiko, sprinkling some smut in all that, and confrontation with the Queen.
What I'm not looking forward to: Finding out if I have to write the Faulkner paper or not. Testing the graphics program to see if I will be able to create the map I would like to create. :p

No comments: