Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 95

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 345
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words for part two of draft: 57883
Total words: 117611
What I hate about my writing: Time management issues.
The Good: Reached Chapter Thirty-eight.
The Bad: Hey, a number got skipped! No, not really. See I had done 45 minutes of typing finishing up Chapter Thirty-seven and the metrics post for yesterday at home last night while working on the map. Then the electricity blinked and the computer shut off, and by the time I got the computer back on, all I cared about was getting that damn map finished to the point where I just have add the missing towns and fix the cardinal direction problems. So I never even reopened Word and I forgot to save what I had done onto the flash drive, so I will have to post when I get home.

And if you don’t end up reading these out of order, just ignore the above.

Dangnabit! I got distracted by Maguire timeline research and only got 11 minutes in typing. And it is all Wyatt Cain’s fault. He had to go and contemplate the actual generations between DG and Dorothy.
Fave DG line: “I hope you aren’t going to get hung up on me walking or climbing stairs or fixing my own food. I’m just pregnant not helpless, and it’s better if you exercise.”
Fave Cain line: If only she knew. DG probably didn’t have any idea of the history of this place, but she would go poking at everything. He strode off to look for his wife.
What I'm looking forward to: Confrontation with the Queen. Finishing all the maps! I’m finally on the last touch ups to the Maguire original mash-up combining the maps found in all three books. Then I need to make the corrected Maguire mash-up taking care of the cardinal direction issues. Next would be fitting the mash-up map on the continent of Nonestica, which will become my necessary map from before the Great Upheaval. The yank that map apart for the Great Upheaval and add in the elements from Tin Man to create the map of the O.Z. for DG and Cain’s present. Last two maps needed are Kingsport before the novel and after the events of the novel. Five maps left to do. *Whimper* I said I was looking forward to this?
What I'm not looking forward to: Naming the older Viewer. Crap, I need to do a little research on Kiamoko’s physical description as well as make sure I’m spelling it right. And one of these days I’m going to have to work out just how canon Maguire’s plots are to my personal fanon. Writing the Faulkner paper. Something screwy happening with the computer tonight because it has been happening every night this week.

No comments: