Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 89

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 534
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 113278
What I hate about my writing: Only fifteen minutes; I am so sad.
The Good: Look it’s a Jeb! And a new character!
The Bad: I didn’t get as much typing done as I needed to, I was steady taking long-hand notes. progress should pick up.
Fave Cain line: “Tell them we’re here, Corporal.” – I love the interplay between Cain and the hero-worshiping and brighter-than-he-looks Corporal. Must look for more opportunities to show it.
Fave Malachite line: “At least, we’re making progress.”
Fave DG line: “Which Captain was sent to find us?”
Fave Betsy line: “A relative?”
Fave Jeb line: “This adventure’s been good for you, DG. You’re practically glowing.” – And no, he doesn’t know when he says this.
Fave Langwidere line: “Captain, all the Land of Ev requires from you is contact with your superiors, who would be able to give the assurances you are unable to provide. It would be a shame for the long alliance between the O.Z. and Ev to end over a simple misunderstanding of territorial boundaries.”
What I'm looking forward to: Jeb figures out what’s up, finding Komiko, sprinkling some smut in all that, and confrontation with the Queen. Finishing the map project so I can’t actually write at home.
What I'm not looking forward to: Writing Faulkner. *Sigh* The world is a difficult place sometimes.

And we have a new character! Introducing Lord Langwidere, Ambassador for the Land of Ev portrayed by Joss Ackland (remember the poor ambassador from The Hunt for Red October movie?).

No comments: