Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stellar Gift of Death Post 76

Stellar Gift of Death 2011 Revision

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 0
Edited Chapter Two total words: 3831
Total words for the new draft: 7794
Total words for the last draft: 58,916
What I hate: My brain has been playing the distraction game. With the sink project that took too long and the wardrobe/closet clean-out that took too long, my inner has started reflecting the chaos of the outer. This weekend will be one of getting the outer in order so I can focus again.
The Good: I jumped back into editing and marked up chapters two and three before I had to switch gears to the paying job. I finished making the corrections to chapter two’s file.
The Bad: Dedicated and distraction-free time to work on it is the key. I found it Monday morning while I’m waiting for the computer to go through its turning-on sequence (takes about 30 minutes with the virus checkmates the IT department installed). Unfortunately I only get this time once a week. That has to change.
Fave line: “You have integrity, something that is lacking in the members of my organization. One of the drawbacks of appealing to the baser desires such as greed and anarchy.” His violet eyes bored into hers. “You’re brimming over with integrity. You want to hate me and your integrity won’t let you because I’ve done nothing to deserve it.”
What I'm looking forward to: The cleaning spree this weekend so I can make a fresh start: stay on top of chores so the house doesn’t fall apart, dedicate writing time so I can actually finish this, see where I can make more income.
What I'm not looking forward to: 1282 lawsuits waiting for me to process. Actually doing the house work. :p

No comments: