Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy Metrics Post 09

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 1602
Total words for the first draft: 10,952
What I hate: Not having a three-day weekend, so one day can be spent cleaning, the second writing, and third relaxing. Course, when I do have three-day weekends, I never end up doing that, so it’s a moot point.
The Good: Finished Part 11. I also figured out the disease. Good thing because one of the library books is due back this week.
The Bad: Reached the end of what I have drafted already. I need to outline the scenes in my head to make sure I don’t forget anything.
Fave DG line: “Thanks, Az. Now I’m going to find my bed in this place. You get them started and spend some time in yours or I’ll tell them to sedate you. I love you and give my love to everyone else.”
Fave Azkadellia line: “But our mother deserves a state funeral and our customs--” She faltered when he swiveled his very Cain-like stare on her. “The people can’t know she was cut up!”
Fave Hank line: “Not the ones who locked up Lieutenant Dan then, good.”
Fave Emily line: “I figured that’s where DG had gone, especially since her cohorts didn’t want to say.”
Fave Ahamo line: “What’s a little more vivisection on your record?”
Fave Connor line: “If I must,” Connor said in Cain’s softly dangerous tone. “Your grief is no excuse to tear into your daughter like that.”
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to the scenes, I’m a bit more sure about.
What I'm not looking forward to: The next scenes is from Connor’s POV and getting into his head while he’s doing an autopsy. Still working on that.

No comments: