Saturday, April 18, 2015

Signs and Portents: Trinity Metrics 24


Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 495
Part One total: 8626
Part Two total: 6729
Part Three total: 4940
Author's Note total: 768
Total words for first draft: 21,206
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Gah, it's like pulling teeth again. I think I made a mistake keeping this section in Bruce's POV even though I want to fix Jonathan's maybe scene. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.
Fave line: "Wandering around helping random people was a better outlet of frustration than mine. Nothing like spending your twenties trying to understand the criminal mind so hard you end up in prison."
What Else I Accomplished Today: The car is fixed and the kitchen is clean and electrified so I can cook in it tomorrow.
What Else Has Happened: So that teaser finally dropped. And no, I'm actually excited I can start a new Christmas present tradition with Star Wars now that the Hobbit is finished. You know the trailer that concerns this series. I saw the gif sets and images, so I went and watched it. First reaction: "I am so glad that's NOT the direction I went with for Trinity. Second reaction: "Bleeding? Such a Miller direction, but I guess they're saving the I'm the Goddamn Batman sound bite for the full trailer." Third reaction: "One of those anti-Superman voiceovers must be Luthor, and for the first time in my fan-life, I'm AGREEING with fucking Lex Luthor." In short, my initial done-with-DC movies when they first announced using the Dark Knight Returns as source material has not been changed AT ALL. I'll be saving my money for the Wonder Woman movie (which they will screw up, but we are so fucking overdue for a Wonder Woman movie I will give them my money to show that) and the Aquaman movie because the costume image and what the actor has said about using his Polynesian heritage makes me excited for it.
What I'm looking forward to: The end of the rain. Please, I don't want to have to build a boat.
What I'm not looking forward to: The mess I will make in the kitchen as I cook tomorrow.

No comments: