Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 72

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1224
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 90308
What I hate about my writing: It really slows me down having to wait on the computer to decide “oh, you really wanted to do what the mouse just pointed to and clicked on. Wait, are you sure you wanted to do that? Wouldn't you much rather see this screen on this different program instead? Oh guess not,you're getting mad and clicking the mouse more.” I honestly don't know WHY it keeps doing that, and I have decided since house note and gas bill are really low this month to spend any money left after groceries on a new hard drive and sound card.
The Good: I got the full hour in.
The Bad: I worked while half-asleep, but I got the full hour of writing finished today. Unfortunately, now the computer has gone sluggish and I can’t finish until it acts right.
Fave DG line: “And I look like I have a chicken costume shop in my pocket?”
Fave Dani line: “What the hell was that about?” The strange bird demanded in Dani’s voice. “What did you make me look like?”
Fave Cain line: “What the hell did this Billina do with two damn eggs that you’re hoping to recreate?”
Fave Spencer line: “I’m not passing this up!”
Fave Betsy line: “It’s been an honor to sail with you, you curmudgeonly bastard.”
Fave Jenkins line: “Well, in that case, the honor’s been all mine, you ill-tempered bitch. Take what you can.”
Fave Sprite line: “I’m not leaving you, Captain.” Her white shirt bunched up under her crossed arms. “Can’t make me stay.”
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting the gnomes!
What I'm not looking forward to: I need to bone up on my chicken mannerisms and decide what particular movements are Dani’s tells. I’ve decided she scratches the ground for the chicken equivalent of a human shuffling his foot. But I need more of that kind of stuff and haven’t spent time around chickens since early childhood and the ones we owned hadn’t all disappeared yet.

And since I’m all sorts of guilty about not giving Dani a consistent description (she’s not a chicken of a different color, I was just working from my decidedly bad memory), I found pictures!

Dani:


Dani's preferred method of transportation (and now that I have started using it I wish I had thought of it earlier):


Dani's disguise:


Gah, and this is where I get hit with the stupid lockout of LiveJournal. I lurk, I read the theories, I see no one has expressed my particular theory, and I CAN’T SHARE IT! *POUT* However, that doesn’t annoy me enough to get an account and have yet another time suck and way for the BMFM stalkers fans of my work. Nope fear still wins out. April 8th Edit: And I COULD leave messages with OpenID, but nobody has that turned on either. Grr!

So theory that has absolutely nothing to do with the story I’m writing: Tutor was imprisoned by Az. Really it makes everything make sense. We don’t see Toto after Az leaves and the Queen arrives. The dog follows Az, probably trying to figure out how she just channeled so much dark magic. Az notices and before he can shapeshift, he’s stuck in a magic bubble of some sort, and she hides it away so he can’t tell anyone. I already figured out Ambrose was not there (he was in Finaqua investigating DG’s story of what had happened to Az, and that’s the other reason beside the nursery rhyme the witch had to kill DG but that’s another personal fandom theory) and the resulting mess was cooked up by the Queen, Ahamo, and the Mystic Man. But it was mostly the Queen and Ahamo; they told the Mystic Man after they realized no one would know if something happened to them, and DG would need a guide in the O.Z. Since Ambrose and Az had cute little crush thing starting pre-possession, they didn’t tell Ambrose the plan either. Later on when Az built the prisons in the Tower, she dumped Toto in a cell and he finally had enough room to shapeshift back to human form. “Imprisoned fifteen annuals” is what he said, but he didn’t say where. :D

No comments: