Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 84

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 2042
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 108194
What I hate about my writing: I caught up. And I’m on transitions.
The Good: Got the full hour in and what I hour it was. Wow.
The Bad: Let’s go on the record that Mondays officially suck, and forget that I didn’t get anything done yesterday.
Fave DG line: “Wyatt, do you even see yourself when you look in a mirror?”
Fave Cain line: “The look on Zipperhead’s face is worth putting on a tie.”
Fave Betsy line: “And they all think I’m the dangerous one in the family. Wait ‘till she comes of age.”
Fave Quincy line: “You’re the one who insists on wearing pants like that. But if you’d rather I call you something else, I can oblige, Lord Honeybuns.” – I think that was a first time I laughed so hard I nearly cried over something one of my characters ever said.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting through the transition so Malachite can give DG some political training, meeting Jeb again, finding Komiko, sprinkling some smut in all that, and confrontation with the Queen.
What I'm not looking forward to: Debating with myself over adding yet another scene. Okay, really two scenes. The first was an idea of the conversation between Cain and Betsy while they took the kids playing on the beach so the politicos could work in peace. Problem: the subject of the conversation would reveal more of Betsy’s past and I want to save that for DG. :p The second scene: reintroducing Raw while they on their way to Central City. Problem: Need to make sure Raw doesn’t get dragged back to Central City because that end scene has enough characters in it already.

No comments: