Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 75

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1460
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 93830
What I hate about my writing: Not timing my life well enough to get a full hour.
The Good: I got a half hour in, so I suppose that is progress. I feel better when I have a full hour; my day is accomplished sort of thing.
The Bad: My day will be accomplished tomorrow? Hopefully.
Fave Dani line: “Glad I looked different,” Dani whispered between their heads. “But remember colors are key for the game.”
Fave Betsy line: “General Kaliko, you can’t get rid of me that easily. Topsiders can be very stubborn about getting what they want, and I’m more stubborn than most.”
Fave Kaliko line: “Honor, bah, a funeral is more accurate.”
Fave Roquat line: “Because Topsiders don’t know any other way of behaving!” Roquat snarled. His voice shook the room again, but Betsy didn’t flinch. “I should suffer your entreaties because you want to prove you’re different? Better? More foolish?” The boulder teeth crashed together as Roquat struggled with his anger. “Arrogant female!” His expression suddenly went wary, and flames still sparked in his pupils. “Just where are you from, Captain Betsy Bobbins?”
Fave Sprite line: “Not!” Sprite stomped out of the group, and probably would have continued to the throne, but Betsy pulled her back. “I felt Slate. It’s all true.”
What I'm looking forward to: Yeah, pulling off the whole game sequence. Then the whole fight sequence. Then the whole save the day sequence. Then the slow descent into the conclusion.
What I'm not looking forward to: The slow descent into the conclusion; I ended up with a few loose ends I have to tie off before the mini-climax between DG and the Queen.

No comments: