Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 79

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 2041
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 99586
What I hate about my writing: Actually, today went really well.
The Good: Made it to Chapter Thirty-three.
The Bad: Worried Chapter Thirty-two ended up too short.
Fave DG line: “Hello? Who’s there? Are you helping hands? I want to go up, please.” – Yes, this is a subtle shout-out to Bookworm 37’s great Tin Man and Labyrinth crossovers.
Fave Cain line: “Well, that went according to plan.”
Fave Betsy line: “I had to work with what I had. And the whole expedition was your bright idea, remember?”
Fave Malachite line: “Not the brightest idea you’ve ever had, Captain.”
Fave Roquat line: “Dorothy,” growled out from every corner of the throne room. She stood up as he sat down on the throne. He shook his head slowly, but never took his eyes off her. “Not Dorothy. She never went anywhere without those talismans attached to her feet. Yet the magic is unmistakable.”
Fave Kaliko line: “Your Majesty, please! This is an unnecessary fight. They only played your game.”
Fave Spencer line: “The island is moving!”
Fave Dani line: “Don’t you dare, rock boys!”
What I'm looking forward to: The big fight and the Nolan Ryan line. *Big grin* Also naming the selected tracks for the soundtrack.
What I'm not looking forward to: All the loose ends to tie up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive word count today! I hope a nice sense of accomplishment came with that, good work!

And I'm looking forward to your soundtrack reveal, too. I'm starting to fangirl Betsy, I think.

KLCtheBookWorm said...

I've been fangirling Betsy for a while. What I can't wait is to see who figures out her back story and how soon they manage to do so.

It was a good sense of accomplishment, I think because I still had stuff I didn't type to write from. Now I need to go look up the strongest metal, I finally figured out what Cain's reward from the gnomes is going to be. :D