Monday, April 13, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 73

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 998
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 91306
What I hate about my writing: Not having enough hours in the day.
The Good: I got thirty minutes done and got to Chapter Twenty-nine.
The Bad: I still didn’t get my taxes finished thanks to the computer. I needed to reboot in order to get the CD drive to come back on (it has always done that ever since I got the computer) but I couldn’t reboot because the computer was still downloading the backup from Mozy. So that meant I still have to check my figures in Quicken against what Turbo Tax came up with.
Fave DG line: “Maybe he doesn’t have to know?”
Fave Dani line: “That’s assigning him human decorating tastes.”
Fave Cain line: “How much is needed when the island moves every night?”
Fave Betsy line: “I’m afraid I have business that concerns him. I don’t want to break the peace,” Betsy spread her hands, “but I can’t promise that consequences in the Topsiders’ countries won’t affect your realm.”
Fave Kaliko line: “I am Commander Kaliko. Are you Topsiders?” There was a degree of awe in his gravelly voice. “Those who live under the light of the double suns?”
What I'm looking forward to: Getting my computer and taxes done so I can actually look at the computer without flinching from everything I still have left to do.
What I'm not looking forward to: Having to build up creepy suspense factor in the upcoming scenes. I never feel very strong with writing those.

No comments: