Thursday, April 02, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 69

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 498
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 88217
What I hate about my writing: Working on smut at the paying job. And it’s from Cain’s POV, which makes it more difficult.
The Good: I got fifteen minutes in.
The Bad: Apparently, I was way too optimistic with being back in the groove. I missed yesterday, and only got in fifteen minutes today. It’s not that I don’t have any idea what’s happening next or what’s happening now in the plot. I don’t know what has caused this slow down: just general smut and the words are fighting me or fear of transitions.
Fave DG line: “Normal people can say how they feel. You have to force it out of me because I’m terrified it’ll disappear if I say it.”
Fave Cain line: “Normal people never went through what you have, sweetheart. But what I was worried about was letting you walk straight into danger again.”
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to the action.
What I'm not looking forward to: Cleaning my kitchen. Don’t turn me into the board of health yet. And the mild freak out that everything I’m currently writing sucks. I’ll get over that; usually after the characters’ clothes are back on.

No comments: