Thursday, June 21, 2012

DUF: Tin Man: Prince Metrics Post 15

Tin Man: Prince of the Outer Zone

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 863
Total words for the first draft: 9837
What I hate: Figuring out the best way to use up this fun writing time I have accumulated: writing in longhand or typing up to add to my word count.
The Good: Since last I posted one of these, I have finished so much! I finished the floor plans for Kiamoko, finished the style sheet, and racked up a few hours in fun writing rewards for doing the chores I should be doing. Today I worked on typing Chapter Three and writing Chapter Four in longhand.
The Bad: I should have cycled around to working on the original fiction too with so much free time on my hands, but I promised to do it on Sunday coming up. Or tomorrow depending on how it goes.
Fave Cain line: "The whole idea revolted her and she had a whole list of Other Side medical reasons why she should feed her baby herself. Frankly, if you missed that because Junior was hungry, you are luckier than you know."
Fave Galinda line: "We only have those who curry favor and would feign friendship as long as they get what they desire. As soon as you have a need, they abandon you for the new hierarchy. DG is too naïve to understand this, but I thought you did."
Fave Treasure line: "Where's the new baby? He's got presents!"
Fave Betsy line: "I'm a beached whale."
Fave Malachite line: "Slander, I only got you pregnant. Jenkins is the one who threatened to voyage around the world if you didn't stay off the You and What Navy? until the new tyke is here."
Fave Glitch line: "I thought we'd might need to hitch a horse to the bumper to make it up some inclines, but we managed."
Fave Azkadellia line: "I'm not looking forward to going down them."
What I'm looking forward to: Introducing the Scourge.
What I'm not looking forward to: The characters I have to juggle with the ball scenes.

Now, nobody get excited because I posted an update. This project and anything else I do under "fun writing" is not on the official "I'm working on this" list. Fun writing is my reward for being a good adult and doing things I'd rather procrastinate on, like housework and exercise, and it's spent on whatever I feel like writing when it's time to use it up. Next fun writing session may be something completely different.

No comments: