Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stellar Gift of Death Post 81

Stellar Gift of Death 2011 Revision

Progress Bar from Writertopia

I’ve practically dropped this project from my radar for nearly a month. But I’m picking it back up today in preparation for NPI for September and finishing the bloody thing before the end of the year.

There’s 122 days left in the year, not counting the dregs of August. My minimum for NPI is 250 words a day. By my calculations, I should reach the 120,000 words by the end of the year if I write around 800 words a day. Before the whimpering starts, that’s where I was ending up daily with Alchemy. So it IS doable.

That said, I’m trying to gaslight the roadblocks or otherwise stupid mistakes that I make with my original fiction. Just play along with the scenario.

There was a wacky but wonderful show that was cancelled because the fans were too few and the networks didn’t know what to do with it. It was about a human detective in outer space and her alien sidekick. There was a mystery of the week to solve, usually murder, and a reoccurring romantic interest who was on the wrong side of the law but the detective trusted him. None of the crimes took place on Earth, but rather exotic alien locations. You can see why the networks had issues with it. Couldn’t decided how to market it and couldn’t afford the special effects.

The show dropped hints of how the characters found the close rapport they displayed onscreen, but never did a flashback story to show it. So I’m picking up the slack.

No comments: