Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy Metrics Post 18

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 1067
Total words for the first draft: 20005
What I hate:Okay, my weekend goal is to get my damn sleep schedule fixed because nearly falling asleep at my desk is ridiculous.
The Good: Finished Part 23. Everybody knows about the plot twist now. Except Jeb but he’s Jack-sitting. Also I found out my lawsuit totals were figured wrong and I only have 1332 left to do.
The Bad: So I didn’t finish it last night.
Fave DG line: “Be careful, we don’t have permission from his father to crack his skull open.”
Fave Cain line: “I only suggested we keep Queen Galinda’s death quiet so the Longcoats wouldn’t take the opportunity to attack. I didn’t expect the Council to actually agree with me.”
Fave Glitch line: “On the surface it looks like they put all their test tubes in one basket, or suitcase in this case, but what if they didn’t?”
Fave Jack line: “Like New Hampshire. They put their Old Man of the Mountain on theirs, then rock slide. The face slid right off the mountain.”
Fave Jeb line: “It won’t be a bad thing to learn then.”
Fave Connor line: “Natalie said the same thing, more or less.”
Fave Eva line: “We started in the rooms of a trader people remember arriving before everyone got sick. We thought maybe he was sick and passed it along since he was one of the first ones to die.”

New Words: 703
Total words for the first draft: 20708
The Good: Finished Part 24 and FINALLY got to use the “wedding rings isn’t a part of the Zone’s culture” idea that has been rattling in my head forever. But Cain is wearing a wedding ring (because Neal McDonough rarely takes his off for roles)? The rest of the explanation is in Part 25.
The Bad: The caffeine finally kicked in, which means I probably won’t sleep good tonight either.
Fave Cain line: “I kissed her this morning and she jumped out of the bed and left the room with a spell.”
Fave Eva line: “The boss took his off. He called Natalie Natalie instead of Dr. Durant to all of you people and he took his wedding ring off!”

New Words: 673
Total words for the first draft: 21,381
The Good: Finished Part 25. Wow. Three in a row.
The Bad: Rizzo, my car, apparently had no oil in her at all yesterday. But the warning light didn’t come on until the engine shut off while I was driving home. *headdesk*
Fave Cain line: “But nobody told me there were rules associated with the thing until Miss Rossi all but accused me of cheating on Adora with you.”
Fave DG line: “Why do you have to make everything so difficult! It’s not that hard, repeat after me: ‘It’s been an emotional week and it won’t happen again.’”
What I'm looking forward to: A new car that doesn’t give me so much shit.
What I'm not looking forward to: Not being able to afford new car until 2020. :p

No comments: