Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy Metrics Post 17

Tin Man & Medical Investigations: Alchemy

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 332
Total words for the first draft: 18,444
What I hate: I haven’t managed to get my sleep schedule right at all this week.
The Good: Finished Part 20. Poor Cain and DG, but I think it’s hysterical and hopefully the readers will too.
The Bad: Always getting interrupted at the paying job. Namely with the stuff I’m getting paid to do. Oops.
Fave DG line: “I’m sorry! God, I… STUPID! I’d never, well maybe just dreaming. YES, I was dreaming and I’m so SORRY!”
Fave Cain line: “What the hell was that about!”

New Words: 494
Total words for the first draft: 18,938
The Good: Finished Part 22. Plot-twist, ho! And yes, I have been watching the revived Thundercats, how can you tell?
The Bad: I’m going to have to juggle characters in the next sections, and I haven’t figured out what to do with Cain, poor man.
Fave Connor line: “And who’s left from Neverdale are either very young or elderly. But we still may lose them because the virus overwhelms them. Just containing this virus so it doesn’t wipe out the whole country isn’t acceptable.”
Fave Frank line: “We found this in the trader’s luggage. And I’ll feel real stupid for how slow we maybe the driver go if it turns out to be a sample of his moonshine.”
Fave Miles line: “Bioterrorism?”
Fave Eva line: “Jack’s okay too?”
Fave Natalie line: “Positive, both of them are positive, son of a.”
What I'm looking forward to: Fourteen more sections to go.
What I'm not looking forward to: All the money I have to spend on bills and other sundries. *headdesk*

No comments: