Wednesday, March 04, 2009

BMFM: Shatter Your Illusions 1

After grouping the songs for the currently written projects and getting them out of the way, I could focus on the other technically songfics and give them soundtracks. And that meant the Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won By Those Who Dare series. Songs are quoted in the text, songs are mentioned in the text, and I finally had to make an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the songs that made me go "That's perfect for ____________," the first time I heard them.

The reason there are both short and full versions of songs in the soundtrack is thanks to me discovering flash players. I trimmed the songs to just what was quoted for the flash players embedded in the story. (And I have also discovered that I didn't finish embedding all the players. Oops, I'll fix that in the next update.) So if the teaser was enjoyed, I offered the full song for completion-nuts like me.

I also decided to include the theme songs for the new characters in the story that introduces them. Relationship themes songs are also up for grabs--many end up quoted in the text, but a few slip through. Last would be songs mentioned in the text. A drunk Vinnie signs "Janie's Got a Gun" with altered lyrics, so I included the real song.




Soundtrack available here, click and save link.

No comments: