Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 65

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 792
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 85626
What I hate about my writing: I’ve caught up with myself. Progress always slows down when I catch up with myself, and it really slowed down today.
The Good: Who knew that bad news from my doctor would get me up on time? I didn’t get to write at home though, I was too busy trying to catch up on health stuff.
The Bad: It’s a talky part. Trying to make it as interesting as possible, but still very talky.
Fave DG line: “Suffer the consequences is all I ever do!” The blue glow shot out of her out flung hands. Jones, Laffite, and Hodges flew back and skidded across the deck. A golden dome settled over their group.
Fave Hodges line: “What’s his hide worth to you? How about every night in the Captain’s bunk until we reach Nome Cove?”
Fave Cain line: “Don’t you dare agree to that,” Cain said in a low tone that lost none of its iciness. “I’d rather be whipped than see you raped to protect me.”
Fave Betsy line: “I am Blood-rage Bobbins, Captain of this ship, and I fear nothing on this god-forsaken ocean!” She took in a deep breath to keep screaming. “No man of flesh or living rock will stop me from taking back what is mine, blood of my blood, flesh of my flesh, heart of my heart! Who’s the next worthless cur who wants to listen to his sweet, empty promises?” She pointed her sword at Slate, while she turned to see all of her crew, even Bonnet still at the wheel. “Who’s willing to cross my steel in order to earn Slate’s favor and finish the deed he doesn’t have the balls to attempt?”
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting the Gnome King, playing his game, reunion with Jeb, the big reveal that astute readers will have guessed probably way back in chapter eighteen, maybe chapter twelve if they know 80s music.
What I'm not looking forward to: Maybe never getting ahead of my progress again.

No comments: