Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cracktastic! That took hours

Ran across a brilliant tidbit when I was catching up on Bloglines on using a wiki to corral novel/series background notes. Thought it was so great, I sent myself an email and kept the idea in my head.

So I get to today and tell myself "Free time, let's see what that wiki idea entails cause I've got at least three separate projects that could use the corraling and that's just off the top of my head."

Find email. I forgot to paste the URL.

Spent hours searching all the blogs I thought the advice could have come from. Also Googled on every possible combination of "writing advice blog create an offline wiki novel background." Making the top ten all about Wikipedia articles less than helpful Google-bots!

I finally take a chance that I may have bookmarked in on the work computer and thank the gods, I did. It was from Jim C. Hines Fictionwise Sale and Wikitesting

And just so I don't lose the damn thing all over again: Tiddlywiki

And I we sent myself the email with the URL this time.

No comments: