Monday, March 23, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 62

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 2108
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 81439
What I hate about my writing: Nope, nothing today. I’m still really proud of the flashback scene.
The Good: Finished the flashback.
The Bad: I need to take some time with the longhand notes and get the mutiny done.
Fave Cain line: “And I wasn’t going ‘cause you weren’t going. Maybe my son should start making the travel plans.”
Fave Mystic Man line: “Nonsense, I still remember how to do this.” The car squealed down the street. “But I don’t think they let me go this fast.”
Fave Adora line: “You can’t save everyone, Wyatt.”
Fave Jeb line: “Mo-om.” Cain suppressed a smile at how his son stretched the word out. “I really don’t want to get eaten.”
Fave Zero line: “You and the little woman have a disagreement over your traitorous activities?”
Fave Thompson line: “I don’t know how you plan to get back to your precious wife and son.” Cain paused in changing his outer layers, but it wasn’t said sneeringly. “You should’ve packed a Longcoat uniform.” – And yes that was deliberate shout out to the much later plan on my part.
What I'm looking forward to: Mutiny, epic sword fight, revealing of the sinister plan, meeting the Gnome King, playing his game, reunion with Jeb, the big reveal that astute readers will have guessed probably way back in chapter eighteen, maybe chapter twelve if they know 80s music.
What I'm not looking forward to: Having to actually write all that out of my head. I need food before starting.

No comments: