Friday, March 06, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates 05

Not ready to start back on this by officially keeping metrics, but my long hand notes are about to use up the small binder paper that I hate writing in, so I can move back into a real bound journal. Much rejoicing for that small fact.

And I will have to edit my Master Story Summary, because I ended up circling an unexpected block on the road map. Spencer's story got shared in an earlier than anticipated scene, but there wasn't time for the characters for DG and Cain to explain why they understand. When I got to the scene that was supposed to be Spencer's background, it shifted to Cain telling the story of the Tin Men's Last Stand.

I had figured that the showdown featured in the badly-colored teaser comic was the battle Cain referred to when exchanging pep talks with DG before the Tower assault, and vaguely considered that it was the Last Stand. Once Cain started referring to it though in what I'm writing, I realized it didn't happen like the comic had drawn. One: Tin Men uniforms were probably not the dusters and fedoras (as pictured in the comics) otherwise Cain would have been grabbed in Central City. Two: my timeline has the Last Stand, the Mystic Man's first capture (the one that gets him hooked on vapors), the Cains fleeing Central City, and Cain getting put in the iron suit all happening two years after the Sorceress takes control. The Last Stand fails miserably and effectively ends the Tin Men as an organization. And what would make Cain put that military maneuver ahead of Adora and Jeb and the Mystic Man? It's not keeping Central City from falling to the Longcoats, since that happened two years earlier. Then I remembered the gallows in Central City Square.

What I got is another chapter long flashback, this one unforseen when I wrote out the Master Story Summary. I'm enjoying the scenes more than I thought I would considering that I know the Cains only have about a month left together and what the Mystic Man will go through as a result of the Last Stand failing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention how much I want to read this story? :P

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Yeah, I know. I'm evil. :D