Thursday, March 12, 2009

For Rissy

Since I can't figure out why I can't leave an actual comment on Progress Update VII: would map images help? I still haven't finished my Maguire mashup or the resulting rant to go along with all of it (which Maguire doesn't get left out of humorously enough) but I have image files of the corrected Oz maps from the 80s, some original to Baum maps, and the Maguire maps scanned if any and all would help.

And I'm kind of giggling at your second point because I can see it going crazy on both the readers and the characters.

DG's travel by travel storm looked like it did a number on her house, judging by the debris field she woke up in. So I don't think you'd be crazy for calling what dropped Dorothy in the O.Z. a travel storm and something in the house could've hit her head like in the movie version. You could keep that. Otherwise, I think you're asking how much of Baum you actually want to keep. Or I could be really confused. Back to paper, thanks for the break. After edits: okay, I'm to tired to type straight. Skip paper and got to bed for paper in morning instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maps are always great, I've been referencing this one (here) but other than that, I've got a hand-drawn one that isn't very good.

I'll also have to admit that I haven't read any of McGuire's Oz work, though I'd like to. I don't know, though, the last thing I need is more Oz influence. :P

KLCtheBookWorm said...

I still have "A Lion Among Men" shelved and haven't read it yet. I may get a chance to in May. I adored "Wicked" and "Son of a Witch," and the political intrigue. I love that angle but haven't figured out how it all fits into my personal fannon yet. The main issue is the Wizard; not a nice humbug. Since I can't figure out how to justify his return with Dorothy's, I skip it.

I do adore the maps to a certain extent and was putting together a mash-up to apologize for the rant that I will unfurl. Not that anyone will care since I'm not on LiveJournal. *Grumble*

Anyways, further details will be in a message.