Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Faulkner Paper Progress 3

Another Never-ending Cycle: Faulkner's Use of the Incest Taboo

Progress Bar from Writertopia

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another choice of title was "We Are Family" but the committee in my head overruled me. Which is probably a good thing. But I never want to write in committee again. My notebook of notes looks like a certified lunatic started keeping it. And I typed some of it to get the creative process jump started. That is a technique I will never recommend to anyone.

Now I'm waiting for a "go ahead and send it in" from my advisor and then hopefully the powers that be will accept an email attachment. Otherwise, I will have to leave work early and deliver the copies. Not really opposed to leaving work early because I feel like death warmed over and then left to get cold all over again. Congealed mess in the pan that nobody wants to touch. I haven't decided if I'm actually getting sick or if my body has had enough of the stress and is poking me in a new uncomfortable way to not do that again.

I came under the word count I was aiming for but made 21 pages, 19 of them pure double-spaced text. Am I really finished? Hell if I know, like I said I'm waiting for feedback. I didn't cover one whole character's incest angle because I couldn't get a copy of the article discussing it. I feel too lousy to rant but while it was nice on my pocketbook and net worth not to be enrolled in classes I have to pay for these past two semesters, it SUCKED when trying to get access to resources suddenly denied because the computers say I'm not a student any more. *headdesk*

Had I managed life and this project better that could have been worked around. Another reason I'm not yelling at my puny body; it has a right to punish me for being an idiot. Wonder if it's safe to try to put something in my stomach?

I know, I know, nobody actually cares about this project or the work I'm going to have to start on to pass the second-half of the exam. Fiction and website updates and more fiction is what you care about. Short answer: I don't know.

No lie, I feel like shit and I'm still reeling from the stress. Not a good place to compose from even when I want to work on something. It may be a place to plan from, possibly. I'm going to try planning after I see if Sprite Zero will settle the stomach or make it worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* You need to de-stress! I hope you feel better soon!