Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 63

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 2168
Total words for part one of draft: 57113
Total words: 83607
What I hate about my writing: Today has been loopy for paying job reasons. I managed to squeeze in my hour finally.
The Good: Reached Chapter Twenty-six.
The Bad: Urk, I’ve almost caught up with myself.
Fave Cain line: “I’m not sure I didn’t. How much did I frighten you when you let me out?”
Fave Spencer line: “No one lied to me. I helped bury my family.” His body shook again. “I know I couldn’t have saved them if I had been in the house. The roof … it caved in from the cannon blasts. I just wish….”
Fave DG line: “After what they did to me and what I saw they did to you, I was too pissed off at the Longcoats to be scared of you. And you didn’t seem that crazy, just wanting revenge. Who could blame you? But after a couple of days, I realized you weren’t a killer.” She smirked, “But if it makes you feel better, you were really intense.”
Fave Dani line: “The difference is, dearie, I say those things so you can prove me wrong.”
Fave Hodges line: “Not so brave without your skillet, are you?”
What I'm looking forward to: Mutiny, epic sword fight, revealing of the sinister plan, meeting the Gnome King, playing his game, reunion with Jeb, the big reveal that astute readers will have guessed probably way back in chapter eighteen, maybe chapter twelve if they know 80s music.
What I'm not looking forward to: Having to actually write all that out of my head. Can I have five minutes alone with my thoughts? Without the paying job braying for my attention? Crap.

No comments: