Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Capt. Kate Short Story Post 9

"Covenant of the Restless"

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words for rewrite: 2129
Total words for the first draft: 6323
What I hate about my writing: Needing to double check details.
The Good: Bye-bye ghost monks, you were fun when you weren't critiqued as walking straight out of Return of the King.
The Bad: I should have left those forums alone. Now I've got jitters over my protagonist's bloody name!
Fave line: Kate slammed the writing box shut. “Confound it! You cannot shoot what you aim at, your swordsmanship is rudimentary, you trip over the others in the gunnery crew, you do not know a planer from an awl, and you know even less surgery skills. Prithee tell me what positions are left on the crew for a man trained for court and cannot be there because of his poor choice in friends?”
What I'm looking forward to: Stopping at the library to double check those pesky details.
What I'm not looking forward to: Submission. Now I have to go burying my brain in aliens until it decides this isn't important to fret about and I can sneak the submission past it's radar.

No comments: